Year 5Tweets by @crontony5
Welcome to Year 5!
This year, it will be Mr Bell, Mrs Allison and Miss Unsworth looking after you! We are all very excited to welcome you in the Upper Key Stage 2 and cannot wait to have some wonderful time learning new things and slowly begin to get ready for Year 6. Here is some of the key information for our year ahead:
- Spellings are given and sent to the pupils via Seesaw every Monday in preparation for a quiz every Friday. Throughout the week we will practise in class.
- Homework will be sent every Friday on Seesaw. It will consist of an English and Maths activity.
- The expectation is for the homework to be completed by Wednesday evening, if this isn't possible, the children will have an opportunity to complete in class during break time on a Thursday and Friday. This will make sure all children have the same learning and solidification opportunities.
Reading at home
- The children are expected to read at home at least 3 - 5 times a week. Once the book is finished and the children's 'Book Review' at the front has been signed by me, they can quiz about it every Tuesday to Friday. In Year 5, I like to emphasise it is the children's responsibility to make sure that their reading journal is signed by a parent/guardian/grandparent (either every time they read or once a week), so that they can get awarded Ninja belts for every 25 reads.
- The children need to bring their Reading Journal and book everyday to school.
- The children need to keep practising their times tables as preparation of learning formal methods of division and multiplication and SATs. They are expected to use TT Rockstars for this which is a fantastic, fun tool (even I have it on my phone and keep practising!). They will get tested on times tables every Friday morning. (The login details for TT Rockstars are the same as the children's AR login and if these are needed I have a copy in school).
- Currrently, we will be only having one PE session/week, which will be Monday morning. We ask that your child comes in in their PE kit on that day and they will wear it all day. This is to minimise the amount of things for the children to carry. Depending on the easing of restrictions, PE may return to two times a week but this will be communicated in due course.
Staying in touch
- Our class website is going to be updated so keep checking for photos and videos! Also, make sure you follow us on Twitter @crontony5, where you will get photos and videos from the children's learning.
Communication is key and as you know, I am always happy to answer any queries or discuss concern.
Thank you for your cooperation and understanding - I hope you are equally as excited about the school year as we are and we will be looking forward to us working together to look after your children.
Mr Bell, Mrs Allison & Miss Unsworth