Year 5Tweets by @crontony5
Welcome to Year 5!
This year, it will be Miss Rogers and Mrs Allison looking after you! We are both very excited to welcome you in the Upper Key Stage 2 and cannot wait to have some wonderful time learning new things and slowly begin to get ready for Year 6.
Some important information about this half term:
- spellings are sent out every Monday to be practised at home and the children are tested on them on Friday,
- English and Maths homework is to be sent home every Friday and come back to school on Wednesday. If the children do not hand in their homework in on time or not completed, they will be expected to use break time on Thursday or Friday to complete it as it is an important part of their education and consolidation of their learning. Homeworks submitted late or finished late cannot be marked due to the time limits,
- the children are expected to read at home at least 3 - 5 times a week. Once the book is finished, they get quizzed about it every Monday to Friday in the morning from 8.40 to 9.00. Make sure you sign your child's Reading Journal every day, so that they can get awarded Ninja belts for every 25 reads. Children are also to write a book synopsis in their journals every time they read; this will allow children the opportunity to show their understanding. Their Reading Journals will be checked and signatures counted every Monday.
- The children need to keep practising their times tables. They are expected to use TT Rockstars for this which is a fantastic, fun tool (even Miss Rogers has it on her phone and keeps practising!). They will get tested on times tables every Friday morning.
- It is important that the children have their PE kits in school every day in case there is a change of timetable.
Our class website is going to be updated so keep checking for photos and videos! Also, make sure you follow us on Twitter @crontony5, where you will get almost daily photos and videos from the children's learning and you can interact with our class by tagging us in your tweets; maybe about a trip your child has been on or the way they continued their learning at home.
Miss Rogers and Mrs Allison