The main aim in teaching English at Cronton CE is to ensure all children reach their full potential through a well-planned curriculum. To ensure they develop an understanding that will help the children develop their independence and to take responsibility to always be the BEST they can be.
The aims include:
• Developing pupils’ abilities within an integrated programme of Speaking and Listening, Reading and Writing.
• Giving pupils opportunities to interrelate the requirements of English within a broad and balanced approach to the teaching of English across the curriculum, with opportunities to consolidate and reinforce taught Literacy skills.
• Delivering the statutory National Literacy Curriculum 2014 in an engaging way which enables all children to achieve their full potential.
• Providing children with the necessary skills to become competent, creative and efficient users of the English Language to prepare them for secondary school and to enable them to become successful in their later lives.
• Providing children with successful Literacy role models to increase aspiration.
• Providing children with meaningful, engaging contexts for reading and writing.