Year 3Tweets by @crontony3
Welcome to Year 3!
This year, it will be Miss Hamlin and Mrs Mansfield looking after you. Although things will be a little bit different in school for a while, we're really excited to welcome you all back to school and welcome you into KS2. We're looking forward to a wonderful year filled with fun, laughter and (most importantly!) learning! Here is some important information for you about this half term:
- This half term, all homework will be done on Seesaw (with the exception of reading and journaling!). Homework will be placed on Seesaw each Friday and should be completed on Seesaw by the following Wednesday. It is important that your child completes the work on Seesaw and does not bring pieces of paper into school. If your child would like to complete the homework on paper, please take a photograph of the work and upload that to Seesaw. Homework will include maths, SPaG work, and some KEYS based work.
- A big part of your child's homework is reading and journaling. Ideally, children should read at home 5 times a week. Please listen to your child read as much as possible, and make sure that you sign their reading journal on each day that you hear them read so that they can start earning their ninja belts for every 25 reads! Now that the children are in KS2 they follow the Accelerated Reading programme and are quizzed on each book after they have read it. The main focus for the children is their comprehension of the book, so please ask your children lots of questions about what they are reading to ensure that they comprehend it! We also encourage the children to be more independent now that they are in KS2 and they are responsible for changing their own reading books after they have quizzed.
- Spellings will be placed on Seesaw and on our class page of the school website each Monday, to be tested on the Friday.
- The children all have login details for Times Table Rockstars and should be using this to practice their times tables at home. (If they aren't sure what their login details are, they are all stuck into the front page of their reading journals!!) By Year 3, the children should be confident with their 2, 5 and 10 times tables, and should be learning the 3s, 4s and 8s. The children will be tested on their times tables every Monday morning. Miss Hamlin checks Times Table Rockstars each day to see who has been playing at home, and each day that the children play at home they earn ticks for our class reward system.
- This half term we will be having PE just once a week. Our PE will take place every Wednesday afternoon and will be with Miss Hamlin and Miss Morris. On Wednesdays, the children should come to school dressed in their PE kit.
Unfortunately at the moment I am not able to have conversations with you in person. However, I am happy to answer any questions or queries that you might have either by phone call or email. If you do wish to speak to me, please either email (firstname.lastname@example.org) or ring (0151 424 3881) the school office and I will respond to you as soon as possible.
Make sure you check our class page regularly for news updates, pictures and videos!
For regular updates on what we're getting up to in Year 3, make sure you're also following our Twitter page @crontony3. I will be using our Twitter page to share pictures and videos of lessons and to celebrate children's work and achievements. If your child does anything outside of school to extend their learning, please feel free to share it with us via Twitter - just make sure you tag us (@crontony3) in the tweet!