Please read our Medicines information below.
It is imperative that we have up to date information on your child: -
Asthma Register - it is a requirement of our Asthma Policy that we have a full and up to date register of the children in our school with asthma. If your child suffers with asthma please could you collect a registration form from the school office and return it to Mrs Wilson or Mrs Hill as soon as possible. We will also need to keep an inhaler in school. This wil...l be kept in the child’s class in order to ensure immediate access if necessary. We must have a new form completed at the beginning of each academic year. Alternatively, if your child no longer needs an inhaler please inform Mrs Wilson / Mrs Hill in writing so we can remove their name from the register.
If your child is diagnosed with asthma at a later date please ensure you inform Mrs Wilson / Mrs Hill as soon as possible and ensure you complete a registration form. Thank you for your cooperation in this matter.
Medicines in School - our school has a medicine policy in place, a copy of which is available to look at from the school office. The main points however are:
• Staff are NOT permitted to administer ANY medication that has not been prescribed by a Doctor or Dentist.
• If you require staff to administer prescribed medication it must be taken by a parent / representative to the school office and the relevant form completed
• All medication must be collected from the office at the end of the school day by the parent / representative
• Please do not send medication to school in children’s bags
• Any child requiring the use of an inhaler or epi-pen please must speak to Mrs Wilson or Mrs Hill so that the necessary form can be completed.