Welcome to Year 1!
This is the home of Miss Dunn and Mrs Soni.
In Year 1 we make learning fun in our class and want the children to enjoy themselves. We provide a gentle transition from the Foundation Stage into a more formal curriculum. The children will now take part in English, Maths and other subjects lessons in a more formal, yet exciting, way. The pace of learning is a little faster than what your child might be used to, so we give them some time to choose and engage in continuous provision. However, this will be gradually reduced throughout the course of the year in order to prepare the children for Year 2.
Important things to know:
- Spellings will be placed on our class page every Monday and the children will be tested on these spellings on Fridays.
- Homework will be placed on Seesaw on Fridays. This should be completed on Seesaw by Wednesday.
- We will be having one session of PE each week. This will take place on a Tuesday afternoon. We are asking children to come to school in their PE clothes on their PE day. PE will be held outside as much as possible.
- Reading books will be changed on Mondays and Thursdays. Please record your child's reading in their reading journals as they can receive reading ninja certificates every 25 times they read. I cannot emphasise enough how important it is for your child's progress that you read with them daily at home.
What should your child bring to school?
- A healthy snack (treat on Fridays) which can be kept in their tray.
- A coat if needed.
- A water bottle.
- Home-school book for parent-teacher contact.
- A packed lunch if needed.
- Reading books and reading journal on Mondays and Thursdays (these will be wiped once returned to school).
If you have any queries please contact the school by phone or email. It is important that you do not approach staff on the door in order to protect the health of the staff and children.
We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to the year ahead!
Remember to follow @crontony1 on Twitter to keep updated with what we are doing throughout the year!
Wishing you the very best,
Miss Dunn and Mrs Soni