PE and Sport Premium
P.E at Cronton CE offers opportunities for children to:
1. Develop a positive attitude to participate in physical activity.
2. Make informed decisions about the importance of exercise in their wider life during school, after school and in adulthood.
3. Become skilful and intelligent performers by acquiring and developing physical competence and confidence in a range of physical activities and contexts.
4. Learn how to select and apply skills, tactics and compositional ideas to suit activities that need different approaches and ways of thinking.
5. Develop ideas in a creative way.
6. Set targets for themselves and compete against others individually and as team members.
7. Provide opportunities for all children to participate in all activities at their own level whilst extending their skills and knowledge to achieve their potential.
8. Become a good sports person, who plays fairly and can develop a team spirit
We regained the Gold School Games Award in 2019 and as this was the fifth consecutive year we have now achieved a Platinum award demonstrating our sustained commitment to sport throughout the school.
During 2019-20 we received two awards from Knowsley school sports partnership for continued commitment and engagement in their sport programs. One for participation in sporting competitions before the enforced closure and one for virtual participation during the enforced closure.
We have also recently received a certificate for Active School of the week.