Welcome to Year 3!
This year, it will be Miss Hamlin, Mrs Mansfield and Mrs Hill looking after you. We're all very excited to welcome you into KS2 and we're looking forward to a wonderful year filled with fun, laughter and (most importantly!) learning! Here is some important information for you about this half term:
- Maths and English homework is sent home every Friday and is to be handed in the following Wednesday. Any children who haven't completed their homework will be expected to do it during break time on Thursday so that they don't miss out on learning and fall behind.
- Spellings are sent home every Monday and tested every Friday morning. The spellings will be posted on our class page of the website each week, so if your child leaves their spelling book in school you can find them on the website.
- The children will be tested on their times tables every Friday morning. The children all have an account with Times Table Rockstars and should be using this to practice their times tables at home. By Year 3, the children should be confident with their 2, 5 and 10 times tables, and should be learning the 3s, 4s and 8s. (If they aren't sure what their login details are, they are all stuck into the front page of their reading journals!!)
- Ideally, children should read at home 5 times a week. Please listen to your child read as much as possible, and make sure that you sign their reading journal on each day that you hear them read so that they can start earning their ninja belts for every 25 reads! Now that the children are in KS2 they follow the Accelerated Reading programme and are quizzed on each book after they have read it. The main focus for the children is their comprehension of the book, so please ask your children lots of questions about what they are reading to ensure that they comprehend it! We also encourage the children to be more independent now that they are in KS2 and they are responsible for changing their own reading books after they have quizzed.
- Our PE lessons this half term are on a Monday morning with Mr Noblett and a Friday afternoon with myself. The children should have a PE kit in school at all times in case of a change of timetable.
Make sure you check our class page regularly for blog updates, pictures and videos!
For regular updates on what we're getting up to in Year 3, make sure you're also following our Twitter page @crontony3. I will be using our Twitter page to share pictures and videos of lessons and to celebrate children's work and achievements. If your child does anything outside of school to extend their learning, please feel free to share it with us via Twitter - just make sure you tag us (@crontony3) in the tweet!
Miss Hamlin, Mrs Mansfield & Mrs Hill