Information for parents and families regarding Covid-19
PARENTS AND FAMILIES
Following the updated Government guidance relating to the prevention against Covid 19, we wish to reassure our Parents/Carers that we will continue to follow advice and recommendations from Public Health England and the Government.
As announced by the Prime Minister last week, there are no plans currently to ‘blanket’ close schools. However, we are asking that any children with a slight fever/cough/cold or feeling even slightly unwell to be kept off school for 7 days. If in doubt, please telephone 111 for advice. It is vital that you telephone school immediately to enable us to keep track of children who are ‘self-isolating’.
We are currently timetabling hand washing throughout the day. Please be reassured that we are continually taking preventative measures in school and the following measures will be in place from Monday 16th March until further notice.
- All whole school worship cancelled until further notice. In class worship will take place
- Minimal ‘carpet time’ in the classrooms to avoid close contact with other pupils.
- School sporting events to be postponed/rescheduled.
- Parent Meeting for Y5 to be postponed.
- Water fountains will not be used (children are encouraged to bring in their own labelled water bottle).
- All after school sporting clubs held by Miss Morris are cancelled until further notice.
- Other After School Clubs will continue for the time being.
- Little Angels cancelled until further notice
- Teachers are preparing ‘home learning packs’ in the event of any school closure.
We are continuing to follow advice from the Local Authority and the Government and we hope that Parents/Carers fully support and understand our decisions.