Maths 5 part lesson
This five part lesson has been designed to ensure that the children develop all the three main aims of the maths curriculum. These main aims of the curriculum are Reasoning , problem solving and fluency. Cronton follow the White Rose Maths using the Small Steps planning. As well as the WRM we use other sources to supplement the lessons. These can come from many areas to ensure variety and challenge is given when required.
Our main aims in teaching Mathematics are:
- To secure the three main aims of the national Curriculum by showing an ability to show fluency in their work, solve problems, to reason, to think logically and to work systematically and accurately.
- To encourage all pupil's competence and confidence in their mathematical abilities in using and applying mathematical knowledge, concepts and skills and ensure progress in their knowledge and understanding as they move through the school.
- To develop personal qualities such as cooperation, independence in thought and action, persistence, logical and systematic thinking, imagination, creativity and flexibility.
- To give the pupils the opportunity to use and apply mathematics in a variety of everyday contexts, in practical tasks and as a powerful tool in other subjects.
- To allow the pupil to develop mathematical language, so that they can communicate ideas, solve problems and explain results.
- Confident communication of maths where pupils ask and answer questions, openly share work and learn from mistakes.