International Links Blog
Our International work is very important to us. It forms part of our intent to ensure all our children are provided with a bespoke, unique and exciting curriculum that is tailor-made to suit our children, their learning and their futures.
Every child is unique and important. They are at the centre of their learning; starting as part of a class, whole school, the local community and then on to their future role in modern Britain and as a future global citizen.
Purpose of the Award
The International School Award (ISA) acknowledges school collaboration internationally and provides a framework for recognising schools that:
- champion international work and collaboration with partners to build and develop lasting relationships
- benchmark best practice and share professional development in teaching and learning
- engage young people in both the global economy and global citizenship and develop their skills for life and work
- support whole-school projects that contribute towards school improvement
- enrich education through international work.
We have been an accredited International School from 2010. We have continued to form relationships with schools across the globe such as Spain, Australia and Tanzania. We were accredited again in 2019 and John Rolfe, from the British Council, came to our school in order to personally deliver and present the award to us.
We are very proud of our international work and know the children enjoy it and learn a great deal from this aspect of our curriculum.